Lou joined First Western Trust in 2003. As Managing Director with the Denver Office, he is responsible for business development across all lines of business as well as client retention. This position enables him to continue his career-long passion for assisting high net worth families with their complex financial needs. Prior to his current role, Lou held many positions within First Western including President, Regional President, Office President, Chief Credit Officer, Chief Risk Officer, member of the Executive Committee and member of the First Western Trust Bank Board of Directors.
Prior to joining First Western, Lou co-founded and served as a Managing Director of a multi-client family office for families with assets of $10 million to $250 million. There he oversaw asset ownership structuring, wealth transfer planning, global asset allocation, deal flow, charitable planning and banking negotiation. Lou comes to First Western with thirty years of banking experience, having held executive-level private banking positions with Bank One Colorado, First Interstate Bank of Denver and the First National Bank of Denver.
Lou is a Denver native and is married with two daughters.
Getting to Know Lou
What do you like most about your job?
Helping families navigate sophisticated wealth planning/financial management strategies.
What is your most treasured possession?
A putter that works.
What person, living or deceased, would you most like to meet?
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio
- George Washington High School, Denver, Colorado
- Denver Zoo - Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Denver Zoo - Chair Development Committee, Vice-chair Capital Campaign Committee
- Denver Country Club Board of Directors, Finance committee chair
- Metro Denver Executives Club
- Historic Denver
- The Colorado Ballet
- East High School Speech and Debate Foundation