Chairman | Boulder
Matt is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships in the Boulder community. Matt’s 20-plus year career includes introducing and implementing various financial services to high-net-worth individuals and families, non-profit organizations, and corporations. He has extensive experience in providing comprehensive wealth management and private banking solutions including customized investment management strategies along with options for lending and mortgage needs.
Matt is a 20-year resident of Boulder County. Prior to joining First Western Trust, Matt was with The First National Bank of Arvada for 10-years as a vice president in their commercial lending group where he developed an expertise in commercial real estate financing and commercial and industrial lending. Matt also has extensive knowledge in consumer and mortgage lending having worked for Norwest/Wells Fargo.
Email Matt at Matt.Gorr@myfw.com
Getting to Know Matt
How does your involvement with the community fulfill you?
I am currently vice-chair of the board for the YMCA of Boulder Valley, and I am thrilled that no child or family is turned away from YMCA programs due to their inability to pay. This organization provides numerous benefits to the Boulder County community. I feel that I have effected change within the organization to allow the YMCA to continue serving the Boulder County community long after my departure from the board. It has been a rewarding experience.
What person, living or deceased, would you most like to meet?
I live “in the now,” and I look forward to meeting new people every day.
Anything else you’d like to share?
Having grown up on a working farm in western Nebraska, I highly value a strong work ethic and being true to your word. I try and incorporate these traits into my professional career each and every day.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a minor in Finance from Chadron State College, Nebraska
- Master’s Level Graduate Education from the Pacific Coast Banking School from the University of Washington – specifically designed for executives in the banking industry
- NMLS ID 658201
- YMCA of Boulder Valley, Vice Chair and Executive Officer with 3-year tenure as Finance Committee Chair and Treasurer of the Board of Directors
- YMCA of Boulder Valley, Annual Campaign Chair
- Boulder Economic Council, Vice Chair and Executive Committee
- Silicon Flatirons, Advisory Board Member at CU Law School’s Center for Entrepreneurship
- Longmont Community Foundation, Investment Committee and Grants Committee