Senior Portfolio Manager | Scottsdale
As Senior Portfolio Manager, Chris develops strong relationships with Investment Management and Trust clients to provide superior portfolio options. He works to understand each client’s objectives and design strategies to reduce risk and achieve stable, efficient returns through his expertise in fixed income, equity securities, alternative investments, and credit markets.
Chris brings 19 years of experience in investment management, comprehensive financial planning, and personal trust solutions for high net worth individuals, families, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. Prior to joining First Western, he was vice president and investment wealth advisor at Arizona Bank & Trust, and senior portfolio consultant at Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
Getting to Know Chris
What do you like most about your job?
Science becomes art in my view of the world. I use my creative passion, typically viewed as analytical processing, to thoughtfully enhance the financial lives of my clients.
What do you believe is your best quality?
Focus & Discipline
Any professional accolades you’d like to share?
Most recently, I was selected to be a participant in item writing for the Investments & Wealth Institute's (formerly IMCA®) update to the Certified Investment Management Analysis (CIMA®) examination.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Ottawa University
- Investment Management Theory & Practice A CIMA® Certification Registered Education Course from Yale University
- Certified Financial Planner®
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Certified Wealth Strategist®
- St. Jude Hero for the Arizona Rock & Roll Half Marathon
- Served as a Combat Medic in the United States Army – Arizona Army National Guard