Do You Know a Worthy Nonprofit that Deserves a Grant in Boulder or Arizona?
First Western Trust launched its 2017 #WealthIsAbout Grants Contest back in June, with the first contest of six beginning in Aspen.
The #WealthIsAbout Grants Contest supports nonprofits who are investing in our local communities. Participating organizations must be registered 501(c)(3)s whose programs support one of First Western Trust’s three philanthropic pillars:
- Economic Development – We partner with organizations that help individuals build skills for the workplace, become self-sufficient, and foster entrepreneurship.
- The Arts – We support organizations that help local artists and introduce children and adults to a broader cultural experience.
- Women & Girls – We work with organizations that focus on delivering self-sufficiency programming and education to women and girls.
After a two-week nomination period, nonprofit organizations will be reviewed to ensure that they fit within at least one of our philanthropic pillars. Afterwards, the community will vote to select the top three nonprofits. The winning nonprofit will be chosen from that group of three by a committee made up of First Western Trust associates.
In the Aspen Grants Contest, the First Western Trust Grants Committee selected Aspen Film Society as the winner. Aspen Film Society supports the philanthropic pillar of the Arts, and is dedicated to enlightening, enriching, educating, and entertaining through film. The $7,000 grant will go towards supporting their Aspen arts-based education programs. Then, in July, the Grants Contest launched in Jackson Hole with Teton Literacy Center selected as the winner. Teton Literacy Center is a nonprofit dedicated to providing personalized literacy learning experiences that lead to students’ and families’ success in classrooms, careers, and their communities.
The Denver Grants Contest is currently in the voting round until October 9th. Vote here for a nonprofit that you think is deserving of a $7,000 grant today! You will also be able to vote for your favorite nonprofit in Northern Colorado beginning October 2nd here.
Nominate a nonprofit that you think is deserving of a $7,000 grant in Boulder and Arizona or learn more about our grants contest schedule.
The #WealthIsAbout Grants Contest is scheduled to run in our communities in the following months:
- Aspen – Launched June 8th
- Jackson Hole – Launched July 6th
- Metro Denver – Launched September 7th
- Northern Colorado – Launched September 14th
- Boulder – Launches October 19th
- Phoenix/Scottsdale – Launches November 2nd
For information on our upcoming contests, links to the nomination and vote pages as they go live, visit www.myfw.com/wealthisabout. Or reach out to email@example.com with any questions.