FW Connects 2017
December 18, 2017
The 4th annual FW Connects month of service is in the books and it was great! This year, we hosted a month of service with 12 unique projects across Colorado and Arizona with 120 associates dedicating nearly 500 hours to support local organizations.
Our volunteer projects were focused on nonprofits that supported one of our three philanthropic pillars:
- Women & Girls
- The Arts
- Economic Development
Specifically, we worked with:
- The Women’s Bean Project, volunteering at a local holiday mart.
- PlatteForum, repainting their studio for their next art show.
- BookTrust, helped deliver new books to low-income kids at school and then stayed to read with the kids.
- Florence Crittenton Services, helped with the Miles for Moms Walk, participating and staffing the race. We also helped with the Basic Needs Store, organizing boxes of donated clothes to prepare outfits for newborn’s, babies, and toddlers.
- The Gathering Place, held a clothing drive and decorated more than 200-holiday cookies for their members.
- Warren Village, helped re-paint the facilities
- The Young Americans Center for Financial education, helped fifth graders navigate their way through a day in Young Ameritowne.
- Loveland Food Share, helped package/label food at the Food Bank of Larimer County.
- UMOM, participating in their annual fundraising walk.
- Cancer Support Community of Arizona, painted hearts for the patients and their families.
- Arizona Hemophilia Association, participated in the Zombie Walk to raise money for the organization.
Check out photos from our events below!
We are so proud to see our associates roll up their sleeves and take time out of their days to help support the amazing nonprofits in each of our communities.