Regional President | Arizona, California
Dan is responsible for the overall direction and strategy of the Arizona and California teams and is involved with all aspects of client relationship management. In addition, he partners with local organizations to further ingrain First Western in the Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Los Angeles communities. Dan also works closely with his team members to best identify and meet prospective and existing clients’ financial and banking needs. Dan was a member of the founding shareholder group and joined First Western Trust at its inception and moved to Arizona to open the Arizona offices.
Dan brings more than 15 years of institutional financial services experience to First Western. He previously served as Senior Vice President in charge of business development in our Denver location. Prior to First Western, he worked for Merrill Lynch as a Senior Financial Advisor and Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. as a team Supervisor. Dan’s previous experiences have allowed him to develop an in-depth understanding of the financial planning process, including tax planning, employee benefits and retirement planning, estate planning, investment management and insurance.
Getting to Know Dan
What is your most treasured possession?
My family has a very large glass vase that contains memorabilia from fun things we have done together. (ticket stubs, golf score cards, birthday party invitations, etc.). These items can never be replaced but will always be remembered.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I am living it! I have a great family, a terrific career, good health for those around me and a positive attitude.
What do you like most about your job?
We get the good fortune of working with people to fulfill their dreams, whether that is retirement, their dream home, improving their family life or giving back through philanthropy.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and Business Administration from the University of Arizona
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation
- NMLS ID 732994
- Phoenix Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” award recipient
- Denver Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” award recipient
- Recognized by the Consumer Research Council of America as one of “America’s Top Financial Planners”
- Former President and Board Member of Colorado and Arizona Board for the University of Arizona
- Current Board of Governor and Executive Committee Member for the Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale
- Board Member for Scottsdale Mayor Lane’s Scottsdale Business Development Forum (SBDF)
- Current Board Member for the Arizona Chapter of Young Presidents Organization (YPO)
- Member, University of Arizona Alumni